Welcome to www.lolraves.forumotion.com!

Note: After the first 50 users have registered and posts become more frequent, all new forum members will require admin/mod approval by sending an email to lolraves@gmail.com with their facebook profile to weed out trolls and 12 year olds. At that time events will become hidden from non-registered users as well for similar reasons.
Welcome to www.lolraves.forumotion.com!

Note: After the first 50 users have registered and posts become more frequent, all new forum members will require admin/mod approval by sending an email to lolraves@gmail.com with their facebook profile to weed out trolls and 12 year olds. At that time events will become hidden from non-registered users as well for similar reasons.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]

Go down 
+3
Troy
GalaxyFox
xDJxSAPHYREx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xDJxSAPHYREx
n00b
xDJxSAPHYREx

made up internet points : 2

May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] Empty
PostSubject: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:53 am

Kandi Love is bringing DARUDE! join us and Brisk at So Stoked 9. Last months party was sooooo crackin, lets do it up even bigger this time around Smile

*** Brisk is unable to attend because of a family emergency. We are working on a new Hardcore Headlining act and will announce shortly! ***

May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] 63393_564968676870533_775948113_n

Artists for the night:

MAIN ROOM:

Darude
Petruccio
Mars
No Left Turn
P.A.D.D.
DJ Hil
Dakrill

Room 2

Blix Cannon
Kenji Saphyre
Rafer Rawb vs Jackol
Zoukis
Dark0
Pyrofist

Venue:

Oakland Metro Opera House
THIS EVENT IS ALL AGES!!!!!
630 3rd st
Oakland CA

We will be offering a shuttle back to San Francisco after the event for attendees, with 3 drop off locations. you must purchase tickets online. $10.

Supported by MOC Promoz

Photography by:
Lucky Rabbit
Faceless Photography
Signal 55
Angry Panda Photography
Dash Photography

Videographers:
Lucky Rabbit

Secured Parking All night

Tickets are available at
http://www.sostoked9.eventbrite.com

All ages
$15/$20 Presales
$10 shuttle ride back to San Francisco
Amazing visuals/sound
Kandi Love Vibe
Sponsored by Infinite Events
Medical services provided by EMS
PLUR Angels will be in attendance, to help keep y'all safe Smile

Part of event proceeds will be donated to PLUR Alliance. Smile
Back to top Go down
GalaxyFox
Ptot
GalaxyFox

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:03 am

Choosing this over paramore. Cuz I love hardcore.

Also cuz the tickets are cheaper and id be going to paramore alone anyway Sad
Back to top Go down
Troy
Admin
Troy

made up internet points : 16

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:05 am

I will be there... Kind of. Lol. The show happening there the same night is really attractive to me.
Back to top Go down
https://lolraves.forumotion.com
Troy
Admin
Troy

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptySun May 05, 2013 4:59 pm

how was this?
Back to top Go down
the_cops
n00b

made up internet points : 1

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Apparently the ravers were getting picked on.
Back to top Go down
Troy
Admin
Troy

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:10 pm

the_cops wrote:
Apparently the ravers were getting picked on.

Rolling Eyes saw that one coming a mile away
Back to top Go down
thumper
Ptot

made up internet points : 4

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Troy wrote:
how was this?

I had fun, but it could have been better. I don't know if the So Stoked parties are getting hotter, or if I'm becoming a big baby, but that shit was almost unbearable. It's kind of shame that I missed so many sets that I wanted to enjoy because they were in the side room, and that room felt fucking miserable - even if I was just standing in there. I couldn't be the only one, as that room was fairly empty for most of the night. Which of course meant that EVERYONE was in the main room, so it felt really crowded. When the heat became too much, I would think getting air and smoking a cigarette would be a good way to unwind a little, but WRONG! There was no crowd control in the smoking section, which made it a clusterfuck and hassle to deal with. After Darude, the crowd cleared out a little bit and there was FINALLY hardcore in the main room, so the last 2 hours (sadface) kicked ass! There was a lot of good music played on Saturday (although didn't care for the electro), I just wished I could have enjoyed it more.
I didn't have a problem with folks from the punk show, except for a girl who smelled like a nasty homeless man coming up to me saying "*YOU* GOTTA HAVE DRUGS! DON'T YOU HAVE DRUGS?!?" But I just said "no." and walked away. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
pyroja
n00b

made up internet points : 0

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:23 pm

I had a helluva time. It was definitely hot, though, this is true.

I didn't experience any run-ins with punks personally, though I heard stories of it later. Silly punk kids can't handle them smiley happy ravers. Oh well.

I took pictures. You've prolly seen them.

Can't wait for the next one.
Back to top Go down
thumper
Ptot

made up internet points : 4

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:02 pm

So, after I posted that, I felt like I was being too whiney, and so I started thinking about other parties that were really hot and why this one bothered me so much. I think with undergrounds that are hot and other permitted parties, it seems like there's usually a place to chill. Either outside, or near fans, or on couches/chairs somewhere. ss9 didn't really have that option. Like hell I was going to sit on that nasty floor haha

I guess I just don't like feeling trapped and claustrophobic and hot all at the same time

P.S. - I hate the sun, too haha
Back to top Go down
ninja
n00b
ninja

made up internet points : 0

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Fun party. ventilation sucked. they gave most of the fans to the punk show. LOL at them double booking a punkshow the same night. THATS FOR TRI-ATOM to do.
Back to top Go down
GalaxyFox
Ptot
GalaxyFox

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:20 pm

TOO HOR! Petruccio was good bit not that exciting, Donny's set blew my mind and I didn't see darude cuz well, it was too hot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]   May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK] Empty

Back to top Go down

May 4th - SO STOKED 9 w/ Darude, Mars, Petruccio [OAK]
Page 1 of 1